Sunday, January 9, 2011

Glædelig Jul...Godt Nytår

Ok, we’ve finally reached Christmas =D no title to guess this time, just a merry Christmas and happy new year. =P I’m almost caught up on all my blogging! Yea, I’m so happy now. It’s hard to get back into it when I’ve waited so long. But that’s not going to happen again! I’m now going to be a faithful blogger =D I hope
Ok, so I left off around the 18th of December, but actually that wasn’t the 18th, it was the 20th =P sorry for the confusion. I’ll have pictures of the lights up on my shutterfly soon. Please check them out!

So after the 20th, not much happened at all. It was all just relaxing at home and sleeping in. HEAVEN. Haha that’s the real horrible thing about going on a vacation. You rearrange your whole sleeping schedule. I went to bed at about 3 am and woke up at about 11 every day. Yea, that was horrible to go back to school =P but anywayz, here they celebrate Christmas on the 24th, Christmas eve, night. So it’s a bit different for me. They also put real candles on the tree along with the lights, and they sing around the tree like the Whos down in Whoville from the Grinch. O, and they eat like crazy. December brought SO.MUCH.FOOD! I hate thinking about it =P but on with the story!

My Christmas package from home hadn’t arrived by the 23rd, and so I knew I was going to get no presents from home for Christmas. This was really depressing for me. Not being able to open anything on the 25th just brought me down. So that day I had to clean my room, and it kept my mind off of things. While I was cleaning I found a letter from a college that my mom had sent to me. I hadn’t opened the letter because I thought it was just another invite to come see the campus, so I simply through it aside. Well on this day I was cleaning my room I picked up this letter and finally decided to open it. I opened the letter and went completely bug eyed. I then immediately started to cry and sob. I guess I should tell you what this letter was. It was a scholarship. To my first choice college. A $32,000 scholarship to use over a 4 year period. I just broke down and sat on my floor and cried. I was so over whelmed by how amazing this felt and how happy I was. Christmas had brought something special after all. I haven’t been accepted to this college yet, I’m expecting to hear from them this up coming week, but if you remember in my last post I was saying how sad I was to not be able to afford to go to this school. Well now, it might just be possible. =) that was the best present I’ve ever received. And it wasn’t even Christmas day yet =P

We then celebrated Christmas on the night of the 24th with a big dinner, then the presents. My host dad actually got sick during dinner, but he still did presents with us. I got 2 gifts from my family: a pair of water proof rubber boots, and a shirt with some shoes on it from my host sister =) great gifts. That night we stayed up, just my host mom and sister and I because my host dad went to bed early, and watched the 3rd Twilight movie that my host sister got for one of her presents. It was great. After that we all hit the hay and went to bed.

The next day was the 25th, my Christmas morning. I woke up kind of late and just lounged around. My family and I had lunch and played some board games for a few hours. We just hung around for a few hours, my sister and I watched dirty dancing, her other present, and then it was time for dinner. We ate and had a good time together, and then around 7 I went up to my room and had a few hours to skype with my family. It was nice. Really hard, but nice. They hadn’t received the package I sent home for them either, so that was a little sad. But it was nice to see them and talk to them. I miss my family. I told you, December was just one awful month for me.

On the 26th was my host sister’s 14th birthday, so we had some family and family friends over for lunch and coffee and cake. It was ok. Really boring. Like fall to sleep at the table boring. But my host mom told me I could just go up to my room, and that I didn’t have to stay down there the whole time. That was great. After the cake and coffee I went up to my room and fell asleep =P I was up there the rest of the night ^_^

And that was my Christmas in a nutshell! Now I’ll tell a little about the few days after that:

I received my packages from home, finally! I swear the Danish post just hates me for some reason and doesn’t want to give me my mail. So that was really great to finally get stuff from home. My parents and I skyped and I opened their presents while they opened the ones from me =) I went shopping with one of my close Danish friends, René. He picked out a black dress for me, and I bought it =D (my rotary club gave me a gift card to a store, so I spent some of that) then stephanie and I went shopping and I bought ANOTHER dress, a shirt, a scarf (so I can look Danish), and a light jacket. Everything was on sale, so it was ok =P

Now on to New Year’s. =)

A lot of people go to parties on new year’s, but I stayed home with my family and Stephanie came over for the night. It was great. We arrived back home (I had to go get her by bus) just in time for the queen’s speech. If we had missed that speech, I just know we would have been in BIG trouble. But we made it with 2 minutes to spare =P we ate dinner together and just hung out until midnight watching tv and talking and things. Then at the midnight countdown we ate a little piece of cake and drank some champagne. Well, us kiddies had some sparkling peach juice or something like that. =P then we went out and set off the fireworks! Yes, Denmark lights off fireworks for their new year =D it was a lot of fun. I love watching fireworks. It makes me happy to know I’ll be back home in time for the 4th of July. I would miss not seeing the show. Then steph and I went to my room, watched a movie, dyed my hair, then passed out =D all in all, it was a great New Year’s. =)
Then school started on the 5th of January. Now that I’ve caught up with what’s been happening to me, I’ll be able to post more recent things, how things are going, and how I’m doing. Thanks for reading. O! and be sure to check out my shutterfly pictures if you are not my facebook friend. I’m trying to let those of you without a facebook to still be able to see things that I’m involved with. =)

Thanks for the prayers and support. Miss you all. Love you.
<3 Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. how does one find your shutterfly pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all posted on my blog in albums. My two newest albums are a few posts under this one. I hope this helps you =)

    ReplyDelete