Monday, January 17, 2011

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Hey everyone =) I hope life is treating you all well. I know it is for me.
This past week has been good. I mean, besides the school part, of course =P I’ve been enjoying being back and seeing my friends. Not too much happened in the week. But my weekend was really good!

Friday I was free from school at about 1, which was great! I love getting out early. It’s a great start to the weekend =) I just went home and relaxed for awhile. That night my host sister had her birthday party with the girls from her class. Yes, there were about twelve 14 year old girls in my house that night. Crazy. It reminded me of how much I would never go back in time if I could =P but it was still a lot of fun for her. I met the girls, said hi, they stared at me a little. It was ok. Haha I let them just do their own thing. But you definitely knew they were in the house. All the laughing and talking at 1 am proved it =P good thing I wasn’t worried about sleeping.

So then I woke up on Saturday and watched a movie in the morning and then got ready to go out that night. I was heading out to a girls’ night with my exchange student friends. There are 6 of us, and we’re all girls. (two more kids are coming this week, but not sure if they are both girls or not) so I went to Ruby’s house (from New Zealand) and she, steph, and I waited for the other girls to come in their carpool. It was such a fun night. We ate this ginormous pizza, had some tea, had some cookies and cake, and watched great movies. And the best part, we stayed up, more or less, the whole night. Some of us slept for about 30 minutes during a movie, but other than that we were up =D it was a great way to spend my weekend. With the girls that I love. We were able to stay up and talk and just spend some quality time together, which is what I love. My host dad ended up coming to get me around 10.30 on Sunday morning and then we went home. All of us girls had declared that we were not the least bit sleepy, but as soon as I got home and checked my facebook, I was sound asleep for the next 7 hours. Yea, you can imagine how screwed up my sleeping is going to be for tonight. And for school tomorrow. That’s not going to be a fun day.

But all in all, it was a super fun weekend, and I’m glad I got to spend it with my girlies. It feels like we’re all just growing so close together, and every time we do something like this, it just strengthens the bond we have. =)

Coming up this week:: an English speech due in 8 hours (yikes! But I won’t be sleeping tonight anyway), volleyball practice TWO TIMES this week, meeting the new exchangers, hanging out with René (we aren’t sure when, but he just knows he doesn’t have a choice), and might be going out on Friday. Not sure yet, but those are the general plans for the week =D

Hoping to hear from y’all soon! Letters are always welcome =D miss you, much love.

Kys,
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment