Sunday, October 3, 2010

Hash...anyone?

This past week has been awefully dull =( A few things happened, but not many..

Monday started a new week at school. And an odd week it was. It's call 'AT' week. All the classes stay in one classroom for the entire week, and the teachers come to us. There is only one subject talked about during this week, and it's usually one that's worth thinking about and trying to figure out how to fix. My class's subject was Burma, and all the bad things that have happened there with the dictatorship and everything, and what we could do to help..Now, I thought that normal school was boring, but nothing compares to sitting in the exact same classroom for the whole day. ^_^ My ipod has become my new bestfriend.

Monday afternoon I had my Danish lessons like always. It's getting better. My friend Stephanie was deathly ill the past week, and Monday was her first day back. She walked into the classroom, and all 6 of us (5 students, 1 teacher) just stare at her. Then I think I may have said it first, or our teacher did, but someone said 'Wow, Steph. You look like hell' hahaha funniest thing ever. Not that my friend looked horrible because she was still sick, but because all of us in the room said it. =P It's ok, she laughed too..and she blames me for her illness. So she has plans to get me =/ haha

Monday night I went to a Rotary meeting. This one was held in Næstved at a museum type place. They played about 6 films on the old times in Denmark. The first was about the Suså (which i thought was going to be the only one) but then more and more films started playing =P I really don't mind going to the Rotary meetings. Even if I get really bored because I don't understand it. You know why? Well, the poeple are really nice, and they always have tea, coffee, and cake ^_^ hahhaha yea. i'm a bad person, I know. =P

On Tuesday nothing really happened. Same old same old. After school, I went shopping with my host mom and sister to look for winter shoes for Astrid. That was pretty much all that happened...Wednesday morning I was finally able to open a package I had gotten from my mom in the States! Yea, you don't know the excitement. haha it's better than Christmas! So I opened it before I had to leave for school. Candy (they know me too well), my winter coat (they care if i freeze), some socks (she is a mom afterall ^_^), and probably my most favorite things in the entire box! A pair of gloves =DDD thanks mom, now my hands don't freeze while I'm riding my bike in the morning.

Wednsaday after school I decided to do something brave, go to the post office next to the bus station and mail some stuff. See, I have already done this (I mailed my grandma a bday card) but I decided to try to talk to the lady in Danish. So I braved my way up to the counter and I did it! I told her how many letters I had, where they were going, and everything! So proud of myself ^_^

Thursday was volleyball. I showed up to practice and there were about 10 guys there already and no girls. Fun fun fun..yea no. =P Then more guys started showing up. I think there were 15, and then the coach started practice. In the middle of warming up, a few other guys came, and then 2 girls! yay. haha overall it was a good practice. I need some work, cuz it's hard after not seriously playing in a year. But it's coming. I love volleyball. And it's going to be great to have a team again. Maybe some new friends? The guys are really nice ^_^ nice looking too =P

Friday night my host parents took me to Christiania which is in Copenhagen to see their oldest son play with his band at a club to celebrate the release of his second cd..Now, I can't tell you everything there is about Christiania, but it's a strange place. It's literally it's own world. It used to be a military base, then the government gave it up, and some guy from nowhere comes in and sets up camp and starts his own city ^_^ and I'm not joking. They have their own rules there almost. If you want to know more (or better) info, look it up. I'm sure there's a lot about it..Well in Christiania we went to this club, right. We get in the door and guess what's right there on a table: a sign saying 'hash cakes for sale' lol!! and actally sitting there were some! People were even smoking it inside the club, which I have just come to learn, it's ok to smoke it in Denmark. You just can't sell it...how you're supposed to smoke it without buying it or selling it is beyond me...=P So we saw the band, it was good. Very different music than what I normally go for.

Saturday was a cozy day. I didn't go out, just stayed at home all day in my pj's. I cooked some mac 'n' cheese for dinner as my host family was out of the house. And I just relaxed =) Same with Sunday. Not much has happened today. Just chilling out and enjoying life...That's all folks!

THINGS I'VE LEARNED SO FAR::
-it's illegal to smoke inside a club, but no one really cares and they all do it anyway
-'leftovers' don't really exist in my house..if it's not eaten and it's not meat, it gets trashed
-there are some people in this world that you will just not get along with..ie, hot shots on the volleyball team
-riding a bicycle applies directly to life (comment if you want more info)
-Danes think some American foods just sound disgusting..peanut butter, mac 'n' cheese, etc.

sorry I can't think of more! Like I told you before, I just forget what I think about to write down =( message me! email me! comment me!

miss you all. love. knus og kys! (hugs and kisses)
Love, Rebekah <3

3 comments:

  1. I love youuuu(:
    -carmyn<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is riding a bike like life? --dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bakah Im glad ur doing good... Take lots of care... Love ya .....-Jorge.. :)

    ReplyDelete