Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oreos+Peanut Butter=Heaven

So since I had just a thrilling weekend =P I was hoping that the actual week would be a lot better. I really wanted to do stuff this week! Because let's face it, staying at my house, in the middle of no where, is not the most exciting thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, I love living where I am. It's beautiful, but I miss being able to go to town whenever I wanted..I miss living in an actual town! =P So this week I was hoping that something fun would come up =)

On Monday I went to school like always. My first class on Mondays is always gym...great way to start off the week ^_^ No, it's not that bad. At least I can participate in that class! It's usually fun. I have a great teacher. He's really nice..so anywayz, there was gym, then after gym was the rest of school =( yea...haha I got to see my friend René though! Yea that was great. We were able to talk for a bit, and then we decided that we wanted to hang out after school. (I didn't have my normal Danish lessons because the teacher was sick) So René came over that night from about 7-10. We just relaxed in my room. Ate some candy. Takled..O how I miss doing that! Having a friend over or going out and just chilling. It was really nice to be able to spend time with my best friend =) As it turns out, René is kind of a neat freak, and he didn't like the way I had cleaned my room. So guess what he did! ;) yea, I want to have him over more often if he'll do that for me haha then after that we just hung out and ate candy from my candy stash =D he had like 30 pieces of salt water taffy, I swear. ^_^ And you know why that's really funny? Cuz the first time he had them, he said they tasted terrible...Well, I showed him!We also ate some skittles (if you remember, they don't have those here, so it was quite a treat) and then! I gave him the best thing he will ever experience in his life! An oreo with peanut butter =DD Everyone over here says that sounds just disgusting (they don't like peanut butter, but I think they just haven't had the right kind) but René really liked it =P He said it was so strange to put those together, but it was good! YOU are welcome =P Then at about 10, he left. Sad day =( I wish I could hang out with friends 24/7 sometimes...

On Tuesday, I had biology in first module. So I was just sitting there minding my own business when a friend leaned over and asked if I'd eaten breakfast. I hadn't had time that
morning so I said no. Next thing I know, I'm in the front of the class getting my bloodsugar tested for an experiment! They had those little diabetes bloodtesters, you know, the ones that prick your finger. So I had to do one for a baseline. (I helped a bit) and then I ate some apple, and I had to have 4 more tests at timed intervals. SO.MUCH.FUN. =P not really. It's a good thing I'm not sqeemish with blood. But my fingers hurts for awhile after that. Haha

then we all got off of school at 11:30. No way I was going back home for 10 hours =P So me and Stephanie decided to go shopping at the mall since we didn't want to walk around downtown in the cold. But first, we had to walk to the bus station and go to the post office so I could mail a HUGE letter back home to the US. (you're welcome amber hatten ^_^) We got to the post office, I picked up a package of envelopes and went to the counter to mail this letter. I was really disapponted that I couldn't talk to the lady in Danish. I couldn't for the life of me remember how to say letter in Danish =( but I did it in English. So the letter is now *safely* on its way home now. Haha...

then Stephanie and I boarded a bus and went to the mall. Niether of us has eaten lunch yet, so naturally we were starving. Guess what we bought!! A pizza =D and we ate it all. It was soooo good guys. =P then we went to scout out some shoe stores and sales. It was sad, we didn't find anything too amazing. So we just stuck to buying the necessities. I love the store "Bilka" because it's like walmart. Always some good sales. After purchasing our 'stuff' we decided that an ice cream cone sounded good. It's called soft ice. And let me tell you! It's the creamiest soft serve ever!! It's sooo good =) Stephanie then decided she didn't want one, so I got one by myself. And I ordered in Danish! It's funny how things like that just excite me so much ^_^

at about 3 we decided to head home as both of us had busses to catch. Stephanie caught the bus back to the station and I, not having any money in my pocket whatsoever (spent it all shopping and hadn't gotten my allowance yet), decided that I could just walk the few kilometers to my nearest bus stop...don't you just love how I get ideas like this! See, if you remember, I had walked to the mall already. So how hard could it be to get back? Well, I went a different way than the last time because I knew it would be shorter to go the straight line route instead of taking the big "L" route. So I set out!! I got maybe ten minutes down the road when I started to doubt myself. Am I on the right road? Will I get lost?? I can see the headlines now! "Foreign kid wanders from næstved to Germany, how she got there, we may never know" lol these things just started running through my mind. Lucky me.. Then I saw something familiar on another road. "should I turn?" I didn't turn. I decided I would just keep walking the way I was headed. About 30-40 minutes after I started, a road came into view. The main road my bus takes!! I made it =DDD that's right, I didn't get lost =P so I walked to the nearest bus stop, sat down, and waited for about half an hour for my bus. Great times haha.

O, and Tuesday night during dinner, I found out that parliament was having an important ceremony. The new year for them had begun. I guess that's a big thing? I really didn't know much about it, so for the next 10 minutes or so, my host dad and I talked about it and ue explained how the system works with the elections and everything. Really interesting, not gunna lie.

And today is wednesday! Nothing special going on today. I get out of school at 1:30 and I'm just going to go home an relax. Can't beat that right now. The 5:30 wake up is taking its toll. I just want to sleep most of the time haha. Really looking forward to sitting in some comfy clothes and watching some tv. Wish me luck ^_^ I will write more later! Thanks for reading!!

THINGS IVE LEARNED SO FAR::
-Danish tv is mostly in English with Danish subtitles. There are a few channels with only Danish speaking though.
-they put ketchup on their spaghetti here =P sounds disgusting, I know. But it actually good. It's pasta, this plain meat sauce, then ketchup on top!
-in grocery stores, you have to bag your own things..most places don't provide bags eitwr. You need to bring your own or buy them.
-waking up just 30 seconds before your bus stop comes is very awakening.
-Danes must bleed carbs, I swear. From all the breads, pasta, rice, and potatoes.
-Danish has some insanely longs words..why? Because they are actually a bunch of little words squished together! Seriously, like 'whole grain pasta'turns into fuldkornspasta. The trick is finding out where the words start and stop.
-I now ride my bike when it's very dark outside. No sunrise. I'm very thankful for the 'dorky' lights on my bike. I haven't gotten run over yet! =D
-a lot of people bring their laptops to school. Pretty much 30% of the time is spent on school work. The rest of the time they are on facebook or surfing the Net.
-snails are becoming a new nuisance here.
-all the good Danish guys are taken =((( haha just kidding
-there are only chalk boards at the school. No white boards. 2 smart boards that I've seen, but the teachers I have don't know how to use them.
-danes who will be driving soon are insanely jealous when they hear how cheap and easy it is to get a license in the US.
-I look forward to thursdays because that means volleyball. =)) (except for tomorrow, there is no practice)
-Denmark is probably one of the most expensive countries in the world (for those of you who don't know)
-there is a mixed knowledge of english among older people. Some can understand perfectly but can't speak very well. And others can communicate very well in English.
-I love how rotary is made up of normal everyday people =) just wanting to make a difference

I think that's all for now! Remember to check out facebook for pictures! (if you don't want to be on facebook, I will be uploading on some kind of picture sharing website soon) keep reading my blogs and tell me what you think or ask questions. I love it. Talk to you all soon! Miss and love you =)

<3 Rebekah knus og kys (hug and kiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment