Saturday, April 6, 2013

Traveling to Mexico!!!!!!

So I leave for my 10 week trip to Queretaro, Mexico tomorrow morning at 7:30. I’m so excited! This whole week of “Spring Break” has been anything but that for me. I’ve been working all day everyday; I barely had time to even pack myself for my great journey, but I’ve done it, and I’m almost on my way!

This is not my first time traveling abroad- I’ve been all over Europe, but this is the first time I’ll be visiting any place that’s so different like Mexico. I can’t say exactly what it is inside me that loves to travel and experience new things, it’s just there. I’m so glad that I have gotten this chance.

As for Mexico, yea. That I’m not so sure about. I have no idea what it’s going to be like, how well I’ll pick up the language, or what the people will be like. But I have a hope that everything will be good. Great even. Everyone keeps reminding me about the dangers in Mexico, like I shouldn’t be going, or like I should be scared stiff. I am just so ready to go. I’m not afraid that anything bad will happen while I’m there, though I am completely aware of the dangers. I think as long as I keep a good head on my shoulders I’ll survive and make it out ok.

I’m so excited for the culture shock down there. And the weather. O my goodness the weather! It’s supposed to be about 90 degrees the whole time I’m there. I can’t wait for that. So unlike Oregon also am very excited to eat authentic Mexican food and see how the people act. I imagine a very nice culture and people who are pleasant and laid back. I hope for that at least. But who knows, right?

I’ll be staying in a host family while I’m in Queretaro for ten weeks. I think that’s the part that I’m most worried about. They are an older couple, and I just hope we can talk and that we will like each other. I also hope that I make a few Mexican friends while I’m there…

I honestly hope everything will go great. I’m trying not to stress or worry at this point and just let everything go. Let’s see how well that works.

Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment