Friday, April 26, 2013

Sometimes...

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am.
Sometimes I ignore the reasons that I'm lucky.
I forget that I come from a great, albeit dysfunctional, family.
I forget how much my parents really love me.
I forget how truly great both my parents are.
They've taught me, and my siblings I'm sure, so much over the years.
They've taught to be generous.
They taught me to give and not expect anything in return.
They taught me to share my blessings with others.
They taught me to be thankful for all that I have.
They are the most amazing people that I know.
They are my heroes.
They taught me that "blood is thicker than water", but sometimes even water deserves to be treated like blood.
They taught me to work hard for everything that I want in life.
They taught me to reach for the stars, because they know I can do anything.

They've taught me so much over the years. They've shown me how life can change in an instant and how to never give up. They've always worked hard and followed dreams. They are the strongest people that I know-that I could even imagine. They truly are my heroes.

Sometimes I forget that. Sometimes I forget how amazing they are.
Sometimes I don't treat them like heroes.

But they really are. I love you, Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment