Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Time to Love, and a Time to Hate

Welcome back to the crazy adventure of my life in Danish-land =D I’m glad you’ve returned. Let me tell you a little about what’s been going on this past week! Prepare yourselves.

Monday was the first day back from winter break. I had to wake up at 6 am again -_- and go to school all day. Yea, what a way to return from a vacation. It was a bad way to start the week, really. I always have gym class my first class on Mondays, and we played BASKETBALL. So much fun to be had! No. I hate basketball with a passion. Yes, I played for like 4 years, but I still hate it. Unfortunately I didn’t have a choice of whether or not to participate in gym class. So I just didn’t try very hard. Forget it. The rest of Monday was just really tiring. And boring. If I haven’t told you lately that Danish school could literally kill a person from boredom, well there you go. It’s the truth. I’m actually really surprised I haven’t keeled over yet from lack of stimulation in my brain. It’s not really my fault, either. I don’t really think it’s just because I’m an exchange student and can’t understand. I think it’s just the way it’s set up. 1½ hour long classes, with a five minute break half way is just not cutting it. I personally think that a teacher loses half of the class past the hour mark. It’s a terribly long time for just one class. And the thing is, I don’t feel like they learn or teach anymore in 1½ hours than we do in our 45-55 minute classes back home. Gr face. I just don’t like it. But I have to go every day. And it really gets tiring after awhile….ok, end of my rant. Sorry =P

Tuesday was a lot like Monday. Except I got off early that day at 1.30 =) I can’t exactly remember what I did on Tuesday. But I don’t think it was that important. Like nothing terribly exciting =P o well! If I remember, I’ll let you know ;) ………o! I remember now!!! Something did happen. It was rather funny. Ok, well first of all, I think I should let you all know, that me and that one friend that I was fighting with a few weeks ago, well, we’re talking again now. Not like we used to at all, but we are working on it. And that makes me really happy. I didn’t screw everything up, and this is fixable. We just need some time. Well that’s something that happened on Tuesday. I saw this friend for the first time in 2 weeks and hand a passing-by “hi”. It’s really the strangest feeling in the world to just walk by someone that used to mean so much to your life. It’s hard to just accept a “hello” when normally we would have stopped to hug and talk. It’s weird to see how far apart we’ve been torn…anywayz, no more of THAT topic. Another thing that happened was that me and Steph had lunch together. =) I saw her on Monday for the first time in a week and it felt really nice. I missed her tons. So we had lunch again on Tuesday. While we were eating I was telling her about this person that I met at a party a few days ago and I told her how I haven’t seen him in person since. And she said it would be just my luck that I see him when I look a mess. =P well, SPEAK OF THE DEVIL AND HE SHALL APPEAR! Yes -_- this guy I met at the party, the little one! Like 5’3”, walked by just minutes after that. I acted like a spaz of course. And it was awfully awkward, but I lived =P we’re still talking now, so I didn’t screw it up too badly in that ‘first meeting’. ^_^ I just think it’s funny how those things always happen to me. I have horrible luck, people. I’m not sure if you’re aware =P

Ok, Wednesday. Wednesday was…horrible. Sometimes, you have days on exchange that you’re just unable to deal with. Days where you’d rather be anywhere else. Days that leave you feeling with that “why did I come here?” thought. Wednesday was this day for me. It started off badly with a boring class in the morning. And I wasn’t the only one that thought it was a bad class, everyone else did too. We watched a documentary about a guy. For 1½ hours. BORING. And then my best friends in my class were acting very distant that day. I can always tell how the day will be depending on the first class. If they are really sociable in the first class, then my class will talk to me all day. But if some people are distant, then it’s going to be a struggle to get them to talk the rest of the day. It’s ok really, I’ve learned how to deal with this. But on Wednesday I just wasn’t able to. My second class was just as boring, but a little better. Some people talked to me then. And then there was lunch! Steph came over and said hi and we talked for a little bit and I told her I was having a bad day. We decided to skip my last class of the day and head to her house early. (we were already planning on going to her house, but the skipping early part was new) and then I headed to my date with doom in my third class of the day. Have you ever noticed how some people are put in your life to make it a living hell? Well I’ve noticed this. And I’ve never had to deal with a person like this until I came to Denmark. There is a person in my class that gets some kind of sick pleasure out of tormenting me. And I don’t understand it. It’s not the Danish humor, it’s just plain mean and bullying. Well in my 3rd class this person decided it would be a lot of fun to make fun of me and tease me, and guys, I have a really thick skin. But he was purposely trying to humiliate me in front of my whole class! He acts like a child, but yet he expects me to treat him right when he can do nothing right by me. I try to make it look like it doesn’t bother me, but I sat in the back of my class on Wednesday in near tears because of it. I’ve never had to deal with a person who purposely tried to hurt me before. I’d never hurt someone on purpose. But like I said, he gets some kind of sick pleasure from it I guess. WELL! A few friends tried to cheer me up, but all I really wanted was to skip out. And that I did. As soon as class was over Stephanie and I hooked up and walked to her house. (she moved into town!! And super close to the mall! Lucky) I got to meet her new family =) they are very sweet. Then she and I headed to McDonalds to eat. I hadn’t eaten there in like 4 months, so I was craving pretty badly. But of course, in normal McD’s fashion, I felt disgusting afterwards =P then we headed to the mall because I had to buy a cake for my Spanish class in the morning. (I didn’t have my books covered on time, and in true Danish fashion, the penalty was cake haha) so we bought the cake then headed back to stephanie’s house and my host dad picked us both up and we headed to a basketball game! It was a lot of fun. My team won, so that’s always a great thing. And it was just a good time to relax and unwind from the bad day. It started off horrible. But it ended great. I stayed up until like 1 in the morning talking to a friend ;) so I really can’t complain after that.

Thursday I had volleyball. What a work out! It’s funny how not playing for just 2 weeks can really ruin everything. But it felt nice. It always feels nice to play and work out. After that I just went home and ate dinner and crashed. I was so beat and exhausted.

Friday was just another day =) I had to go to Maria’s school (my little host sister) and give a presentation about USA to her 7th grade class. Yay! Haha yea, not really. But I’m more than happy to do it. The thing that I didn’t like was that I had made plans with a friend for lunch, and then I had to bail unexpectedly. Not cool. I felt really bad. But there are always more plans to be had! So I went to her class. And you can definitely tell the age of these kids by their actions. Dear Lord, I never want to be 13 again. If I was like that when I was 13, I’m terribly sorry =P crazy kids. I tell ya. But it was fun all in all…that night I was a cool kid and stayed home =P staying home, on a Friday night, with the ‘rents, watching tv. Wow, I am a cool kid hahaha.

Saturday I made plans with Stephanie to go to another basketball game =) but here’s the catch! A group of girls in my class invited me to dinner that night. Then my best guy friend from my class invited me to a party at his house that night! CRAZY!!!! It’s like, when I don’t have plans already, nothing comes up. But the one night I have plans with my best friend, EVERYONE and their brother wants to freaking hang out! So inconvenient =(( so me and steph went to the basketball game. Then I went to the dinner, which was a toga party (well, pretty much) by the way, and then I went back to sleep at steph’s house. We opted to not go to the party at my friend’s house, even though it would have been nice. It was just not possible. But I had a nice dinner with the girls in my class. It was greek themed. So we all had to wear the white greek-ish dressed. Like a toga pretty much. And we ate some greek-ish food. And danced and “hygged” together. It was so nice. I don’t know if I’ve said this lately, but I love the girls in my class to death. They are some of the sweetest girls. I’m not ‘best friends’ with some of them, but we all still get along so well. I’m going to miss them so much when I leave. I just know part of me is going to die =’( I’m not looking forward to that. So since I’m not looking forward to it, how about we just not talk about it =) I left the house at like 9 at night and caught a bus to stephanie’s house. It was good. We had a good night together. We stayed up and read and watched a movie, but we both passed about before midnight. We’re so hardcore =P I love us.

And now, today is Sunday! Just a relaxing day. O, I got a package from home the other day, and I got some candy and the movie ‘the time traveler’s wife’. This is a great movie. I sobbed when I saw it in theaters. I might watch that today while I eat my candy. Haha but other than that, I have nothing going on. O, also, stephanie’s new host mom is a hair dresser. And she permed steph’s hair today and gave mine a clip and some style =D it’s great. I love it! Anywayz, haha I’m going to go now. Sorry this was so long, but I guess a lot happened this week. Love you guys. I come home in about 3½ months maybe. I’m looking at the middle of june. Keep writing to me. Send your love. O, and check out my photo-site for pictures of my greek night =D love you all! http://ayearindenmark.shutterfly.com/

Kram,
Rebekah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment